Friday, June 26, 2009

Israel/Jerusalem!!!

I loved Jerusalem so much! I feel so blessed that I had this opportunity! The BYU Jerusalem Center is located right on the Mount of Olives overlooking the old city. There is so much history in this area that is significant for each of us! There are so many good people there, and Israel really is a beautiful country. Here are just a few of the pictures I took while I was in this place that has become my favorite place on earth.




Cute :)


Right in the old city, next to the delicious falafel shop!




In one of the Muslim Mosques



It was so beautiful!






Roman ruins!






exploring the city in the Armanian quarter








We danced with these children in Tiberias!




























The garden tomb! What a special place!























Golgotha. See the 'skull'?





























Can you find him in there? :)















This is where the dead sea scrolls were found!















Israel really is pretty in some parts and even has waterfalls!


















Dead Sea, baby! Everything you have heard about it is true! You really CANNOT sink!


















Me and the Sea of Galilee!



















On a boat on the Sea of Galilee!




















Me and the Jordan River!





















We had a nativity fireside in the Shepard's fields overlooking Bethlehem






















Me in Bethlehem!

























This is the valley that Lehi and his family wandered in! You can see the river that they believe that they followed out of Jerusalem.























This is in the Garden of Gethsemane. It was beautiful.

























An olive tree from the Garden of Gethsemane.


























Me and the Jerusalem! You can see the Dome of the Rock, which is where the temple was.


























A typical shop in the old city!



























A typical street in the old city!






























This is Damascus Gate, one of the gates into the old city. It opens to the Muslim Quarter.






























We had just bought these skirts in Tiberias one night (the lady tied mine on like a dress) and we danced with the accordian player!






























No comments: